Code of Conduct and Service Charter
- UnitedTech has complied its Code of Conduct and Service Charter in accordance with the guidelines and minimum standards outlined in various South Africa Regulations Charters and will strive to follow this in all its consumer interactions.
- “Business Day” means Monday to Friday, but excludes Saturdays and a day which is an official public holiday in the Republic of South Africa;
- “Business Hours” means the hours between 08h00 and 17h00 on a Business Day;
- “UNITEDTECH”, “we”, “us” and “our” means UnitedTech (Pty) Ltd with Registration Number 2015/351186/07, its affiliates and subsidiaries;
- “Consumer“, “Subscriber”, “You” or “Customer” means a user of any of UnitedTech’s products and / or services;
- “Application Form” means the document (including any electronic document) on which (inter alia) you selected your service or product of choice;
- Act in a fair, reasonable and responsible manner in all dealings with customers;
- Ensure that all services and products meet the specifications as contained in UnitedTech’s licences and all the relevant laws and regulations;
- Not unfairly discriminate against or between consumers on the basis of race, gender, sex, age, religion, belief, disability, ethnic background or sexual orientation;
- Display utmost courtesy and care when dealing with customers;
- Provide customers with information regarding services and pricing;
- Where requested provide customers with guidance with regard to their needs;
- Keep customer’s personal information confidential unless UnitedTech:
- Received customers written consent;
- Required to provide such information to its auditors, legal advisors, professional advisors; debt collection agencies and/or marketing agents;
- Required by law or and Court order.
- Customers have the right to refer complaints directly to ICASA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Regulations state that these consumer rights include (but are not limited to):
- A right to be provided with the required service without unfair discrimination;
- A right to choose the service provider of their choice;
- A right to receive information in their preferred language should UnitedTech have the requested information available in the preferred language and if not UnitedTech will provide the requested information in English;
- A right to access and question records and information held by UnitedTech;
- A right to the protection of the consumer’s personal data, including the right not to have personal data sold to third parties without the permission of the consumer;
- A right to port a number in terms of number porting regulations;
- A right to lodge a complaint; and
- A right to redress.
Availability of Information
- The below information can be obtained from UnitedTech by sending an email request to email@example.com detailing in detail the exact information that the Customer is requesting and UnitedTech will do it’s best to provide the requested information in a timely manner:
- Products and Services offered by UnitedTech;
- Tariff rates applicable to each service offered;
- Terms and conditions applicable to these services and products;
- Payment policies
- Complaints handling procedures; and
- Relevant contact details.
- Should a product be defective, UnitedTech will investigate the issue and will replace or repair the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty for that specific product.
- Where applicable, UnitedTech reserves the right to subject any application for services and/or products, including variations to existing services and/or products, to credit referencing and analysis by registered credit bureaux, and the Customer explicitly consents to the use of all information supplied by the Customer for this purpose and for the purpose of compliance with the National Credit Act 34 of 2005, as amended.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The terms and conditions form part of the Application Form, which will not be processed until the Customer signs the terms and conditions.
- These documents will contain clear provisions relating to the nature of the contract, the minimum
duration of the contract, the manner and notice period for termination, any payments or rules which may be applicable for early termination.
- Where UnitedTech amend terms and conditions for its products or services the updated version of the terms and conditions will be displayed on the UnitedTech website together with the date on which it will become effective, which will never be less than 30 (thirty) days after the date on which it is first published.
- Customers will be required to submit a copy of the signatory’s ID book for RICA purposes, as part of the sign-up process.
Last Updated: September 2018