CONSENT TO PROCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION
I declare that, in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA), as per the attached, all personal information supplied to UnitedTech (Pty) Ltd for the purposes of carrying out their security services, and related legal and operational reasons, is accurate, up to date and complete in all respects. I undertake to advise UnitedTech (Pty) Ltd of any changes to my personal information. I hereby give my consent for UnitedTech (Pty) Ltd to process my personal information, as provided above, and I acknowledge that I understand the purposes for which it is required. More Info
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
POPIA defines personal information as information relating to a natural/juristic person, including but not limited to-
• Information relating to the race, gender, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, language and birth of the person
• Information relating to the registration particulars of any juristic person, and its shareholders, directors and executive officers
• Any identifying number, symbol, email address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier, or other particular assignment to the person
• The biometric information of the person
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We need your personal information to:
• Consider your request that we provide security services to you
• Carry out our security services
• Account to you for our services
• Keep you informed of new products and services
• Help us to improve our services to you
• Confirm and verify your identity for credit control purposes
• Comply with statutory obligations including FICA and VAT
• Conduct market and consumer satisfaction surveys
• Comply with internal audit and record keeping purposes
• Use in connection with legal proceedings which may arise from our contract
• Generally to comply with all legal and regulatory requirements which may from time to time be applicable to our industry.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is kept confidential, but we may disclose it in certain circumstances, including the following:
• To any sub-contractor used by us in the provision of your security services
• To any service provider we may use in the provision of your security services
• To a Court if we are required by Subpoena to do so
• To any statutory body, including the regulator in terms of POPIA.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
POPIA requires us to have arrangements in place which protect your personal information from unauthorised access abuse. We have the following arrangements:
• Physical security of our records
• Electronic security protecting access to our computer and network records
• Secure communications
• Restrictions to ensure that any sub-contractor or service provider is bound by similar arrangements to protect your personal information.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may contact us at any time to inquire what personal information we hold for you. We will make the information available to you upon request and after reasonable satisfaction that you have confirmed your identity to us.
CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are obliged to store information which is accurate and updated. You may update, correct, amend or delete your personal information at any time. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information.
You have the right to address and complaints you may have regarding how we process your personal information, which should in the first instance be directed to us, alternatively you may contact the Personal Information Regulator on the email address:- email@example.com.AMENDMENTS
Amendments to this Policy will take place from time to time subject to the discretion of UnitedTech and pursuant to any changes in the law. Such changes will be brought to the attention of employee’s, members and clients where it affects them.